Trikalinos Grey Mullet Bottarga
Ships in an insulated ecological box. Freshness guaranteed.
🚚 Shipping Info
- Shipping is free of charge for orders over $199, otherwise $29.99.
- Orders received before 11am EST ship same day. Orders received after 11am EST ship next business day.
- Saturday delivery is not available.
- Orders placed on Fridays and during the weekend will be shipped the following Monday.
- Orders cannot be delivered on National holidays and Mondays.
- We only ship to the Continental United States and Puerto Rico (standard shipping rates), Alaska and Hawaii ($29.99 for orders over $199 and $59,99 for orders below $199).
- We do not ship to PO boxes.
We ship via UPS Next day air with no signature required upon delivery. UPS drivers reserve the right to refuse to leave a package if no one is available to receive it. The package may be returned to a UPS office and customer will have to make arrangements for redelivery.
If you are ordering for a special occasion, we recommend placing the order at least 7 days before the expected day.
Our team at Calvisius USA will provide you with a tracking number on the day your order ships; please note UPS tracking is not active for several hours on the day your order ships.
Please note Calvisius USA does not have control over the delivery of your order once it leaves our warehouse. Deliveries may be affected by weather conditions, excessive shipping volumes nationwide and other issues that are beyond our control and responsibility.
Your caviar order will be delivered in a recyclable and compostable box that holds proper temperature and is packed with ice packs. Temperature is guaranteed for 48-72 hours. All merchandise is guaranteed to be fresh. Caviar should be inspected immediately upon arrival and refrigerated promptly.
Vacuum-packed tins last unopened up to 90 days in a regular refrigerator (36-38F). Please place in the coldest drawer of the fridge for best quality.
What is grey mullet bottarga?
A delicacy of cured Grey Mullet Roe. Natural, without preservatives, with high nutritional value and a pleasant long lasting finish.
What makes Trikalinos Bottarga so special?
- Produced exclusively from Grey Mullet Roe, recognized as the best roe for Bottarga production.
- Standardized production techniques properly balance the salting and drying processes to deliver higher moisture and lower sodium in the final product.
- It is coated by natural bee’s wax, which preserves the product and its delicate taste during its shelf life, despite the low sodium content.
Why is it good for health?
Research published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, showed that Trikalinos Bottarga is a food of high nutrition value, providing significant amounts of protein, fatty acids and vitamins. It has a healthy lipid profile in terms of omega-3/omega-6 ratio, while the antiplatelet reactivity of its oil indicates a putative antithrombotic potential, which was verified recently in collaboration with the Greek Institute of Pasteur, in animal experimental model.
How to enjoy…
To remove easily the protective wax leave the Bottarga stick outside of the refrigerator for at least one hour before you cut it with a sharp knife.
Keep the remaining waxed Bottarga in the drawer of the refrigerator, covering the exposed part with cling film.
Weight: 230-265 g
Shelf life: 12 months. Keep refrigerated at all times at 39°F.
This product has no reviews yet.